What does the MCRA offer?
Benefits of a Professional Association
- Recognition – consumers see Certified Professionals as someone with expertise who can be trusted to act with competence and integrity.
- Professional Development – association sponsored continuing education, seminars and conferences can help professionals grow in skill and knowledge.
- Leadership Development – practicing leadership in a professional association can help develop skills necessary to be a leader in their company, industry and community.
- Networking – supporting a professional association puts one in contact with prospective customers, vendors, employees, colleagues and others that can be helpful in one’s business.
- Information – a trade association can act as a clearing house for information to share with the public as well as privileged information for members only.
- Resources – associations can coordinate purchasing of goods and services at a discount used by all members.
- Advocacy – a professional association can speak on behalf of its members and lend credibility to their concerns regarding legislation, regulation and other external standards of performance.
Definition of Professional
- A commitment to the interest of clients in particular, and the welfare of society in general.
- A systematic body of theory or special knowledge.
- A specialized set of professional skills, practices, and performances unique to the profession.
- The developed capacity to render judgments with integrity under conditions of ethical uncertainty.
- An organized approach to learning from experience, both individually and collectively, and thus of growing new knowledge from the context of practice.
- Participation in a professional community responsible for the oversight and monitoring of quality in training and education.
Requirements of a Professional Association
- Commitment to consumer protection
- Code of ethics
- Capacity for self-regulation
- Published Standards
- Continued Education
- Membership development
How do I become a member?
Joining the MCRA is as easy as a few clicks, and we have several membership options from which to choose! Simply visit our “Join Us” page, and click the option that makes the most sense for you and your company!
Once you’re a member, be ready to help support one of the greatest regional associations in cleaning and restoration. The day will come when our invitation will offer solid benefits and not just a promise. We’re looking forward to meeting you.